Thursday, July 14, 2011

Me, Where, & Why

In my restlessness, I excitedly skipped over any sort of proper bio [or even indication] of myself, my sponsoring organization, or my location. So, before I jump into lessons of ethics and principles--Me, Where, & Why:

Me:

For a more professional, yet quick blurb about me, by someone else: click here.
More personally:
I am a self-labeled young lady working on a master's degree, Human Ecology: Culture, Power, & Sustainability. This program is through Lund University, in Sweden, where, until now, I've spent the majority of my study time.
I like to move around. I think. Well, whether or not I like it, I somehow can't stop.
Despite the hair loss, I love grandiose & frenzied writing/art projects, which rarely see [other] humans or the light of day.
My hobbies sometimes hinder my studies; sometimes they help; but mostly they encourage overall sanity.
My latest endeavor, permaculture, has an advantageous position. It is a hobby, study, and hopefully, life philosophy.

Where:
I am currently fulfilling university credits through an apprenticeship program at Glacial Lakes Permaculture in Estelline, South Dakota, USA.

Why:
I was born and raised in South Dakota and despite my travel bug, I love my family and long to be near them. So, I chose South Dakota.
I chose Glacial Lakes Permaculture because of a very influential former employer and teacher. First he taught me about travel, now he teaches me about life & land. He demonstrates, and teaches, a socially/resourcefully responsible lifestyle through permaculture.
You can read more about him here: About my mentor

Hobby Helping, more on Food Forests coming soon.


You can also find this information, permanently, under the pages tab on the right of the page. 



Copyright © 2011 Jacquelyn Marie Schneller.

No comments:

Post a Comment